Odessa? Well, go there only in the summer. What to do there in winter, because the sea is cold! — This is a typical example of how tourists can think when choosing a city or country for a winter holiday. But in fact, in Odessa in winter you can have a great rest and see in all its glory those things that you will never find in the summer.
We tell you what is good about a vacation by the sea in winter, where to rent a room in Odessa near the sea
, where to go or go.
Winter holidays in Odessa: what to prepare for
Preparing for a winter vacation and spending time is significantly different from a summer vacation. In Odessa, you will notice the difference immediately:
- there are fewer tourists in the city - there are practically none. Basically, locals walk along the streets, decorated with lights;
- hotels and hostels are as free as possible - almost all the time, except for the New Year holidays, in Odessa you can easily find decent housing;
- cold winds blow from the sea - so be sure to take warmer clothes with you, especially if you plan a walk on the embankment or along the Health route (hat, gloves, scarf - in the first place);
- mulled wine is sold everywhere - be sure to try this warming drink and then your vacation by the sea in winter will be not only bright, but also warm. If you do not drink alcohol, you can always find non-alcoholic mulled wine.
Where to go to the sea in winter to make your vacation a success
To make your winter vacation in Odessa by the sea a success, plan the program in advance. Here are the must-dos in this seaside town:
- To look at the frozen sea is no less beautiful than the warm summer. Sometimes it freezes, but more often it remains uncovered by a layer of ice. One of the interesting properties of the winter sea is that it periodically "soars" - this is very unusual.
- Walk around cafes and restaurants - even if the weather in the city does not please you, you can go from one place to another and warm up with delicious food and drinks. By the number of different restaurants and cafes, Odessa can easily compete even with Kiev.
- Take a picture among the luminous New Year's balls - new elements of street decor appear on Deribasovskaya Street every year. You just need to wait for the evening when they light up at full power and go for a photo shoot.
- Skate on the rink - there are 3 closed ice rinks in Odessa, there are also open skating rinks. This is a great place to actively spend time or arrange a romantic walk.
- You can look at dolphins at the local Nemo Dolphinarium, which does not stop working even in winter.
If you are thinking where to relax in the winter at sea, choose Odessa without hesitation. Here you can saturate your every day with bright events and cheap accommodation in a good seaside hotel right on the shore. Our hotel "Poseidon" is always happy to receive guests and provide all the necessary conditions for a quality vacation.